Sunday, February 14, 2010

Big Girl Pajamas

Happy Valentine's Day! Going to church on Valentine's Day is the best place to celebrate the holiday devoted to love ♥!

But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us
while we were still sinners. Romans 5:8
God is the only who sees how depraved and gross I am and still loves me. And if you are breathing, you too are depraved and gross.
For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of the God. Romans 3:23
And speaking of gross...Eliana stole a paci and a bottle out of her friends' mouths in Sunday school today!
Eli had a BIG GIRL week this week. No, she did not start walking but she did have to bid adieu to her life-long friend, the Suckie. I weaned her off over the course of 3 days and though it was a bit painful for both of us, she was a real champ about it. So, it is only reasonable that she would succumb to the temptation of Lauren's suckie in Sunday school.
The deviant part of her behavior is that Lauren was in a jumperoo, so she could not run after Eliana to retrieve her suckie.
However, I take full responsibility for her stealing a bottle from a different baby. This morning I was in such a rush to get to church early that I didn't bother to pack her a bottle :( She must have been so thirsty! I'm sorry Eli, never again!!
I got permission from Dada to give Eli a chocolate-covered strawberry for Valentine' Day, however, I've been eating so much chocolate the last few days that surely my milk is chocolate-flavored by now!
Here I am high on a chocolate high with Eli. If you look closely, you can see that Eli is even trying to eat chocolate through her nose!

Here is Mr. Froggy and Eliana's Valentine's day flowers from Dada.




And teddy from Tia Kim. Eli is probably wondering what she did to deserve this new and delicious new dessert...


Aren't her teeth beautiful?

Yesterday Eli and I got some much needed 'retail-therapy' as my friend likes to say. I finally decided it was time to stop buying her baby pajamas. Largely because they didn't have them in 12 months size.

The only big girl pajamas I found at Target were some with cookies all over them. I am super picky and I didn't want those but she seems to have outgrown her 9 month and 6-12 month pajamas overnight so I had to come home with something! After seeing them on her I think they're perfect!

Here Eli wondering why we are watching more LOTR special features.


It is time for bed when Eli starts to lay on the floor!

Here she is on her jumper showing off her big girl (non-footed) PJs.

I am very slowly accepting that Eli is now a year old and a toddler! It is sad to me but I don't have much time to grieve her babyhood because I'm too busy chasing her, being chased by her, reading to her, singing to her, dancing with her and just staring!
I feel that if I look away I am going to miss her grow. If I stare long enough I just might see it! One year ago today she was so tiny and...non-mobile. She was just a big pink marshamallow and now she is more like a little worker ant. Things to chew, people to smile at!
Eliana is growing up and there's nothing I can do to stop it. Then again, I don't really want her to stay little forever. All I can do is savor every laugh, smile, scream, word, pancake thrown on the floor, the list of Eli-isms is endless!
♥♥♥ Happy Day my Baby Valentine! ♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment