Friday, February 12, 2010

Time Traveler

I was having so much fun at Eliana's party that I did not take the 300 pictures I would have normally taken. However, today I discovered that with my Flip I have the POWER to travel back in time and take all the pictures I want, frame by frame. So now you know what I did all day! Besides feed and bathe Eliana that is, with a little help from Hattie!

Using the FlipShare software I was able to view all the party videos and take snapshots from video! Amazing! Here is Eli before she touched her cake.

I was very proud of myself for making Eliana's birthday cake and more importantly that she loves that recipe. Of course, being the teacher I am we spent plenty of time practicing eating cake before the big day. But watching Eli delight herself in frosting does not get old for me.


It is very hard to type this post...because Eliana is standing on her tippy-toes next to the computer and keeps pressing buttons and hitting the screen. I don't blame her because it is waaaay past her bedtime but Mami is trying to work Eli! It's almost 8 o'clock and Dada is still not home. What is a good mother to do? Put on Finding Nemo and keep the girl up so she can see her Dada, that's what a good mother should do!




I'm also closely guarding the tv remote, the playstation remote and the camera. She may be teething because she has been biting everything today! Including my hand and arm.


I am so crazy about this little girl that today I prayed to God for 10 more daughters! I don't think JW thought that was very funny though. Why do I want 10 more daughters? So Eliana can have babies to play with of course!



I'm sure Eliana is wondering why she is still up and Mami keeps typing on her computer. She is outside of her jumper pulling it back and forth, back and forth, squealing like a monkey. See why I'm crazy about her? And I haven't even told you how if I laugh in the kitchen, she echoes my laughter from her bedroom?
Which reminds me that I need to start my next post...I am completely convinced that God gave me Eliana, well one of the reasons God gave me Eliana is so I can have a beautiful, shiny little mirror of my life. I am beginning to see her do things that I do! I do teach her certain things explicitly, but she is picking other things up that I wasn't aware I was teaching her! Yikes!
Which just reminds me, why I committed for 8 weeks to be an early(er) riser.
Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the body is weak. Mark 14:38

And what exactly do I have to 'watch and pray' for exactly? Well I don't have the ability or energy to type out all the things I need to change/improve/surrender about myself, but I understand the importance of my job.


Eliana is definitely teething! Hillary how did you know this a week ago?? I went to change her diaper and her booty never lies. For some reason Eliana's booty likes to herald the coming of new teeth with a crazy diaper rash.
This morning (yes it takes me days to finish blog postings) while giving her breakfast I spotted 2 brand new teeth on the bottom. On either side of her already existing 2 bottom teeth!


Right now Eli is having oodles of fun with a tiny lotion bottle she dug out of my purse. I never know what random items are going to fascinate her. And she is doing a weird crawl/trying to stand/spider-like maneuver that makes me wonder what was in her breakfast??





Tomorrow is Valentine's Day and I have Dada's permission to indulge our petite valentine with a chocolate from the box of chocolates he gifted me. We started to eat them/fight over them last night while we watched the randomest and often romantic, Paris Je t'aime. Who would have known a box of chocolates from Costco would taste so amazing?? I guess Costco lovers would know that! We are new converts so we are still surprised every time we find another treasure!


This concludes my randomest blog post ever! Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment