Wednesday, May 5, 2010

RebEliana

Rebeli and I, I mean Eli and I have had a rough week! Since I have been cracking down on the house rules around here, Lil Miss has decided to test whether I am really serious about those rules.

Does it require a truckload of imagination for you to picture this sweet face in a fit of rebellion? Well I no longer need to use my imagination after Eli's spells this week. It is now Wednesday and the things Eli did on Monday have lost most of their effect on me. I don't even think the bow on Eli's shirt is ironic! She is a gift! Even when she laughs hysterically at her own defiance of Mama's rules.


Eli is not allowed to pull her playmat apart even though it is much like a puzzle. We have owned this playmat for a couple of weeks now, but this week Eli thought it would be very funny to relapse on tearing it apart. But she went all out! Lil Miss Rebeliana will take the puzzle pieces apart, walk up to her safety gate and wave a puzzle piece in the air while laughing! I hope she is not influencing Tata negatively.


This week also included Eli's 15 month appointment and the turning around of her carseat! She loved her new view but the immunizations at the Dr.'s office really did her in this time.


We played all afternoon after the appointment but late in the afternoon Eli began to exhibit a limp in one leg!


These pics were taken before the drama. I was very freaked out because Eli wouldn't uncurl her leg and when I laid her down on my bed to look at her leg she stayed on her back! Eli does not ever (if awake) just lay on her back! After talking to a doctor and Aunt Benna (a RN) we decided it was just soreness from her immunizations. Thank God this morning she was right back to normal and even had a fun playdate with Cora. (Pics to come)

1 comment:

  1. Eli (and Cora) are just way to cute to ever be rebellious! (Hah!) One of my memory verses last month was

    No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it. Hebrews 12:11

    I think it applies to mommies, too!! We had so much fun today. Thanks for being such a great hostess!

    ReplyDelete