Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Almost Alice

Ta-daaa!  Last night I stayed up way too late to finish Eli’s Halloween costume.  Dressmaking is like running.  My favorite part is finishing!  This dress is d-o-n-e. Unfortunately there is now an apron to worry about. Unlike the dress I don’t have a pattern for the apron so wish me lots of logic and spatial skills!

092210 006

Last night after finishing the dress I was so excited to see Eli in it that I woke her up and tried it on at 3am! Just kidding I didn’t do that. But I did have a very hard time going to sleep after that so since God knew how badly I wanted to see Eli in it, He decided to wake Eli up at 5:30am!

I was very grumpy about sleeping just a few hours but I quickly changed her out of her pjs and into her dress. She seemed to really like wearing it and later on in the kitchen she held a kitchen towel to her chest and said, “Deh!”  (dress)

She may very well have the dressmaking gene in her! She comes from a long line of domestic dressmakers.

I do apologize if you were hoping to see a picture of Eli in her new dress, that’s not happening until Fable Fest in October. As a  matter of fact Eli will wearing this dress so much in October you may get sick of seeing her  in it!

Until then, we are livin’ for naptime!

3 comments:

  1. Very cute. I can't wait to see a picture of Miss Eli all dressed up like Alice in her blue dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Me too! Now I need some black shoes, white tights and the black ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done! I totally know what you mean about waking up baby to try on the clothes!! I haven't done it either, but I've seriously thought about it. . .

    ReplyDelete